These trips take place in Dominica, not to be confused with the Dominican Republic. Where is Dominica ?
You need to bring your own fins, mask, snorkel and wetsuit. Along with anything you want on the boat. Such as sunglasses, sunscreen, camera gear etc.
- Wetsuit or swimsuit (We wear a 3mm full wetsuit in the water)
- Boat jacket
Let’s not forget about cameras to capture this amazing experience to share with your friends and family!
- Well, it’s the ocean, so you never know, we can’t guarantee anything. However, these trips are scheduled during the peak season to optimize the chance of great encounters. We are quite confident that you will get in the water with the whales. The sperm whale are in Dominica all year round.
- Swimming with the whales is a craft. Knowledge and respect for these animals go hand-in-hand to create a good encounter. Being able to read the whales, how comfortable they are, and giving them space when they need it — we implement many tactics borne of experience to help ensure long, safe, and fun encounters for our guests and the whales
- These tours are snorkel only tours. You should be a good swimmer if you want to keep up with the whales. You don’t need to be an athlete, but you should know how to swim with your fins.
- To travel independently you must be at least 18 years old. There are no upper age limits for most of our tours.
- Kids are welcome, and should be good swimmers.
- Tours take 4 or 6 guests, depending on what tour you sign up for.On 4 person tours, guests do not need to rotate turns on the whale drops in the water. On our 6 person tours, the group will be split into two groups of three. Each group will take turns dropping in the water with the whales.
Tips are not included in the tour price and tipping is entirely at your discretion. We generally advise 10% – 20% of the tour cost. These tips go directly to the boat crew, who work long hard hours, making sure we swim with whales and have a great time.
120 days or more: 20% of the trip cost + deposit Less than 120 days: 100% cancellation fee
- Book your tour online via our website. We have an online booking system that takes care of everything for you.
- Dominica is an incredibly beautiful island, full of amazing hiking and adventure. There is plenty to do, we don’t even know where to start! We recommend checking out Scotts Head, the Indian River, Titou Gorge and more! Email us for more info!
Your Tour Organizer: Nadia Aly
Our tours are meticulously curated by the acclaimed Nadia Aly. As an award-winning underwater photographer, who brings her unparalleled expertise and passion to her tours. Nadia has curated our tours in an effort to create the very best when it comes to sperm whale swims in Dominica.